Comox Valley BladeRunners:
Customer Service & Tourism Training Program
BladeRunners is a Youth Skills Link program that builds community partnerships and connects motivated, job ready youth with valuable employment opportunities in the customer service and tourism industries.
* Youth between the ages of 16-30 and not attending school.
* In need of assistance to overcome employment barriers.
* Must be a Canadian citizen or legally entitled to work in Canada.
* Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) or be EI reach back active (not have collected EI in the last 3 years).
* Unemployed or under-employed.
* Searching for full time employment.
* Participate in four weeks of full time PAID in-class skill enhancement.
* Participate in up to 60 hours of paid work exposure.
* Be eligible to employers with a $3 per hour wage subsidy for 4 months.
* Obtain First Aid OFA Level 1, WHMIS, Food Safe, Serving It Right, Cashier Training, WorldHost and additional employment based training.
* Receive support and help finding and maintaining employment.
* Receive 60 hours of free work exposure participants paid for by NYSA.
* Receive a $3.00/hr wage contribution based on a minimum $10.50/hr wage.
* Connect with job ready and motivated youth.
For more information about upcoming programs, please email or phone BladeRunners Staff:
250-334-8138 ext 229 / firstname.lastname@example.org / FB: Comox Valley BladeRunners/ Twitter: @bladerunnerscv
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|